Friday 29 August 2014

'The Sewists' - a gorgeous new craft book from the lovely Josephine Perry


Today is the official launch date for 'The Sewists', a project I know my friend Josephine Perry has put months and months of hard work and love into. And it's certainly paid off - as soon as I opened my copy of 'The Sewists' Jo's immense passion for craft, and particularly sewing, is obvious. I'm lucky enough to be one of the 20 designer-makers that Jo asked to contribute a specially designed how-to project for the book, and I'm so happy to be involved. You can see a little peek at my project below - a Bargello embroidered collar necklace.


Jo has assembled a truly talented bunch of 'sewists', and I'm honoured to see my work alongside makers I admire including Abigail Brown (one of her fabric flamingos has been on my fantasy Christmas list for several years!), and Kate Bowles, who's bound books are just exquisite.


Alongside each 'sewist' contributing an exclusively designed how-to project (featured with detailed instructions and helpful illustrations), Jo has also created profiles (through interviews and casual chats) to introduce each designer, giving fascinating background and bringing their varied processes, interests and styles to life.


The combined skill and passion of the 20 designers, including of course Jo herself, makes this a truly unique book packed with inspiration for any aspiring 'sewist', whether hobbyist or professional. The projects, from altered clothes to bound books, are accessible, whilst still emphasising the individuality of each designer's practice and the wealth of possibilities for anyone working with fabric and thread.

Thanks again for asking me to be one of 'The Sewists' Jo!



No comments:

Post a Comment