Monday 7 November 2011

State of Craft - my very own copy!

I was so excited to get my hands on my very own copy of the gorgeous (and it really is!) State of Craft book at the launch on Thursday evening, and to meet the lovely Ziggy Hanaor of Cicada, the publisher.

I contributed a how-to project to the book (one of the 60 projects featured!), so you can learn how to make one of my Pebble Necklaces with vintage fabric and beads. Of the other amazing projects featured the one I'm most keen to try is the Anglepoise Jar Lamp, though the Grand Jumper Pouffe comes a close second!
The talented editor, Victoria Woodcock, also runs the London version of Bust Craftactular, so if you'd rather buy your crafts than make them, be sure to get Sunday 27th November in your diary! I'll be there!!

I also had the pleasure of printing my own State of Craft tote bag at the launch party, with Sam of Mr Wingate - widely known for his hand-printed t-shirts and homewares. I'd forgotten the joy of screen printing (it's at least ten years since my last try!). If you fancy having a go yourself, Sam is offering workshops at his studio over November and December, where you'll come away with a whole host of prints (perfect for making Christmas presents!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment