Monday 18 March 2013

Nina's wool shop Chicago

I was lucky enough to spend a few days in Chicago last month and one of the highlights (alongside looking back at the city from the snowy shore of lake Michigan) was visiting Nina's, a stunning wool (or should I say yarn) shop. A big thank you to the lovely Renegade Craft Fair gang for recommending Nina's!


Nina's website states that their buying focuses on 'companies with a conscience that support worthy causes, companies that are admirable and enjoyable to do business with, and companies that offer unique and special products', and this definitely shows in their gorgeous range.
Although I work with wool a lot I've never considered myself a proper knitter but I was so inspired by the beautiful range of wools and the welcoming atmosphere at Nina's that I bought some needles and a natural dyed baby alpaca wool by Misti Yarn (and knitted myself a mustard yellow neck-warmer over the next week or so!).


So if you find yourself in Chicago be sure to check out Nina's in Chicago's Wicker Park neighbourhood (where I also snapped this great sign!)



No comments:

Post a Comment